Che Dau Den – Sweet black bean soup
Che Dau Den, is Vietnamese sweet black bean with coconut milk soup. Below is the super quick and easy recipe how to cook this dessert in 15 minutes.
Che Dau Den - Sweet Black Bean Soup
2 can Black Beans (15 oz,no flavor), drained, washed, rinsed well
- 1 can of savory coconut cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, or 2 Pandan leaves, washed
In a pot, bring water, panda leaves and sugar to boil over medium-high heat. Add black bean, and coconut milk, stir and bring to boil. Lower the heat, add vanilla extract (if pandan leaves not used), simmer for another 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Serve warm or cold. Keep “Che Dau Den” in refrigerator. Reheat it in microwave if serve it warm.
- Use 1/2 coconut milk and 1/2 of whole milk so it would not too creamy
- Add Tapioca Pearls (Bột Báng)
- It’s sweet and creamy dessert, so you can reduce sugar and coconut cream to your taste.
- Add extra sugar if it’s served with ice.
- After 24 hours, black beans taste better.
©2015 Tra Vinh Networks. All Rights Reserved.