Nuoc Cham Chay is the vegan dipping sauce for bi cuon chay, bun bi chay.
My family recipe is in the sweet side, so you’ll need to adjust the amount of sugar and soy sauce to your taste.
- Taste: “sweet savory lemonade”
- Aroma: combination of lime, garlic, red pepper
Nuoc Cham Chay
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic (optinal)
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce (Huy Fong Foods)
- 1 hot chili pepper, minced (optional)
Mince garlic and mash it to a paste. In a small bowl mix all ingredients. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Transfer the sauce into a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Some people and kids do not want to bite into garlic and red pepper pieces. Therefore, pour 1/2 sauce into another jar, add extra chopped garlic and red peppers for garlic-pepper lovers. Adjust sugar, soy sauce, water to your taste.
Nuoc Cham Chay should be kept in refrigerator, and it is last for about 2 months.
- Adjust sugar, soy sauce, water to your taste.
- If the soy sauce to dark, then reduce sauce to 1/2 amount and add salt to taste