At home, we make the Teriyaki sauce in advance and use it as sauce and glaze for grilled, baked chicken, pork, beef, fish. I like fresh spices, but you can use spice power. However, fresh ginger is the key ingredient for best Teriyaki sauce, so do not replace it with powder. This sauce is spicy, tasty with the fragrance of fresh garlic, ginger, onion.
- 1⁄2 cup Kikoman soy sauce
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of ginger – peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce ( hot sauce)
- 1 chili pepper (optional), chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve.
Heat vegetable oil over high heat in sauce pan. Add the onion, ginger, and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add the remain ingredients. Stir and bring to boil. Lower the heat, stir and simmer for 1 minute.
- Let the sauce cool. Keep sauce in a jar and store it in refrigerator.
- Note that, I use Kikoman soysauce, if you use another soy sauce, just adjust the amount of sugar and water to your taste.