Banh Gia is Vietnamese deep fried shrimp cupcake, was originated from Mekong Delta region, sold at farmer markets.
Ingredients: rice flour, corn starch, salt, bean sprouts, jacima. Banh gia is topped with shrimp, cooked mung beans (with extra pork liver and ground pork, not traditional way).
- Not greasy
- Crunchy from the outside,
- Light texture and not wet inside
- Crunchy even it is cold
- If you make Banh Gia, the important to make the batter so the cake is light and crunchy. For topping, you can put anything you like, and you do not need to put pork liver.
- Cha Khoai Tay Chien is vegetarian Croquette. I created this dish based on Tra Vinh’s Banh Gia and French Croquette.
- Banh Gia Cho Giong Tien Giang – Youtube video cooking show in Vietnamese by Ms. Uyen Thi, popular TV chef.
- Vietnamese video clip about Banh Gia Chợ Giồng ,Tiền Giang, Vietnam. Note that, pass 1/2 of the video to see how to make banh gia.